Are you stressed and fed up with the constant demands from your family? How often during your day do you hear the words “mom, can I …..” or “mom, do you know where my…. is?” Have you lost count of the amount of times you have argued with your partner/children about whose turn it is to load the dish-washer or to wash-up and put the dishes away?
Have you ever thought, ‘I wonder what it would be like to close shop for a day, to sit back and just relax? To have someone else cook, clean and shop for you – just for a few days whilst you spend some time alone, maybe with your girlfriends to rest, get your strength and energy back.
As a busy working mom, it is hard for you to find time to care for yourself. Family commitments and social obligations tend to be your first priority. Making time for you – to have a spot of Me-Time seems like a luxury.
Well, believe it or not, given the multitude of things you do, it is essential you find time during your day to care for and nurture yourself. If you keep on reacting to everyone else’s schedule and neglecting yourself, changes are by the end of the day you are ratty, snappy and grumpy…and definitely not in the mood for a romantic interlude with your partner! All you want to do, is eat shower and go to bed.
That is no way to live. You are naturally a vibrant, cheerful woman, yet somehow life has got you down. You used to gain a lot of satisfaction from work, now it just feels a chore and another thing to think about. You love your family and being a obut right about now it all feels too much for you.
If this sounds like you, don’t’ worry. Stress relief is on its way.
Take a few minutes to sit down and read the following five fun tips. They are short and sweet and designed to support you rediscover the joys of rest and relaxation.
Five Fun Tips To Relax And Over Come Stress
- Rest your eyes. Your eyes are unique and eye care is often neglected. Gently close your eyes and place cupped palms over your eyes. Stay still and take a few rounds of slow deep breathing. Make sure your jaw is relaxed as you breathe in and out through your nose.
- Play music. Classical, rock, R & B or good ole country music. Whatever style of music relaxes and turns you on, play it, sing along and feel good as you reconnect with your inner heart song.
- Learn to trust your intuition. Stress happens when you do too much and don’t take time to relax , rest and recharge your batteries – you get overwhelmed and stressed-out. Learning to say no, to stop and trust your intuition often prevents you agreeing to do something which in the long run is detrimental to your health and well being.
- Relax your body. Lie down in a quiet and if possible darkened room. Slowly tense and relax first your legs, then your arms, your buttocks, stretch your shoulders up to your ears, close your eyes, scrunch up and relax your face. Take a deep breath in and slowly breathe out. Try and lay still for at least 10 minutes before getting up and reengaging with your day.
- Give yourself a big bear hug. You deserve it. As you hug yourself, smile and be happy for being the special person you are. Spend a few minutes sitting quietly recalling pleasant, happy thoughts.
So, next time you feel frazzled, frumpy and grumpy; take a few minutes to rest and recharge your batteries by practicing any of the five fun quick tips above. You will feel refreshed, clam and revitalised; more able to give your best to friends, family and at work. I would love to know how you feel do any of these exercises. Please drop me a line and let me know how you get on.
100 Days of Guided Meditations
Worried. Overwhelmed. Exhausted.
Ready to Finally Get A Handle on Stress?
Download the FREE 5-minute Slash Stress Slay Your Day video training and start to feel stronger, calmer, refreshed, and alert.