Do you have tired looking eyes?
At the end of a busy day at work, do your eyes ache and feel heavy?
Like most of you, I spend a huge proportion of my day working intensely on my laptop, scrolling through my phone or staring at a mobile device, and by bedtime, my eyes feel tired and I struggle to keep my eyelids open.
What Is Eye Strain?
Continuously reading small print or completing fine tasks causes your eyes to suffer. Concentrating for any length of time on the same task, for example, playing computer games, can also lead to eye strain and weary eyes.
Eye strain is, in fact, a form of muscle cramp.
Your Eyes Are The Windows To Your Soul
To alleviate tired eyes it is essential you take regular breaks from constantly focusing on close objects, your computer screen or tv.
Exercising the eyes releases tension and offer quick relief from eye strain.
If left untreated, constant eye strain can lead to headaches and a build-up of tension in your body.
If you suffer continuously from tired, achy eyes, officially known as asthenopia, please check with your doctor in case there is an underlying cause.
If you are going through a stressful life issue, your eyes may look tired, lifeless and dull. As they say, your eyes are the window to your soul.
Six Yoga Eye Exercises To Soothe and Calm Tired Looking Eyes.
These six eye exercises help relax your eyes and help relax and energise your body.
Practice the exercises 2 – 5 times during your day, especially during periods of intense close concentrated work.
When you practice these exercises, keep your head still, relax your shoulders and, breathe steadily and just move your eyes.
1. Open your eyes wide, look from side to side 10 times, then up and down and then diagonally 10 times.
2. Imagine you are staring at the face of a clock. Starting at 12 o’clock, slowly move your eyes from minute to minute along the clock until you return to 12 o’clock. Rest your eyes then repeat going in an anti-clockwise direction.
3. Hold your hands about 30cm in front of your face, with your palms facing you and fingers pointing straight up. Breathe in and slowly move your hands apart and look at a distance object. Breathe out and slowly bring your hands together again, switch your focus and bring your attention to look at your palms. Repeat this simple exercise 5 – 10 times.
4. Look straight ahead, hold your hand up about 30 cm in front of your face and gaze at your thumb, then look into the distance. Relax and repeat 5 – 10 times. Change hands and look at the other thumb.
5. Close your eyes and press the tips of your fingers to the outer edges of your eyes. Gently massage this area using small circular motions. Relax and repeat 3 – 5 times.
6. Close your eyes. Rub your palms vigorously together to warm them up and get the energy circulating quicker. Cup your hands over your closed eyes for 30 – 90 seconds. Stay focused on your breath and gradually release your hands.
Regular practice of these easy eye exercises will help to release eye strain caused by focused concentrated work, they will help to ease tension from your body and offer quick relief from the over exposure of to repeated focused work.
So next time your eyes feel tired and you know you have been overdoing it, take a rest and give these eye exercises a go.
Now that your eyes feel rested and energised and you feel like doing a bit more stretching to energise the rest of your body, here are 7 simple stretches to make your energy soar.
Stay Blessed and Thank You.
Worried. Overwhelmed. Exhausted.
Ready to Finally Get A Handle on Stress?
Download the FREE 5-minute Slash Stress Slay Your Day video training and start to feel stronger, calmer, refreshed, and alert.