Have you ever struggled to get things done at work, or felt so overwhelmed with the volume of your work that you struggle to focus and end up jumping from task to task trying to make sense of it all?
If so, then you know how frustrating and draining that can be.
Here are three quick stress relieving tips you can use right now to reduce anxiety and stress, slow your thoughts down and relax.
Tip #1 Stretch: Do a gentle Chair Yoga stretch at your desk.
- Make some space between you and your desk.
- Stretch your arms straight up over your head and gently lean your body to the left, keep your bottom on the chair.
- Return to center and stretch over to the right.
- Repeat this stretch three to five times.
This simple movement does wonders to release tension in the shoulders, where most people hold stress.
Tip #2 Relax:
- Move away from your desk, making sure your hands are free.
Shake and flap your hands up and down the front of your body.
- Still shaking your hands, lean over to the right, then the left, then lean back.
- Finally, stretch arms out to your side and wiggle your fingers.
Do this simple “Flap Your Hands” exercise for one minute then return your hands back to your lap, take a steady breath in and out through your nose as you rest your hands back on your lap.
Tip #3 Breathe
- Turn your attention to your everyday breath, close your eyes and become aware of how you are breathing.
- Just notice what you notice, without trying to change the way you breathe.
- The more you pay attention to how you breathe, the easier it is for you to consciously take deeper breaths during your day to calm and quieten your mind whenever you feel overwhelmed and anxious.
Which one of the Quick Relaxation Tips – Stretch, Relax or Breathe, is your favourite?
And, if you are looking for blogs to help you experience less stress and more happiness in your life, check out this EPIC blog post featuring the Top Stress Relief, Relaxation and Meditation blogs https://mymassagechairs.com/stress-relief-relaxation-meditation-blogs/
Worried. Overwhelmed. Exhausted.
Ready to Finally Get A Handle on Stress?
Download the FREE 5-minute Slash Stress Slay Your Day video training and start to feel stronger, calmer, refreshed, and alert.