We are going through a global pandemic relating to the voracious spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19).
In this post, I’ll share with you the power of meditation quotes to reduce stress and help you return home to peace.
During stressful and uncertain times, it is easy to fall into a negative spiral of fear, as we bombard our senses with images and words of destruction and human fragility.
We come face to face with our mortality and at our lowest point, face an existential crisis as we question the meaning of our life.
Mentally and physically we are drained as we struggle to make sense of the changes we are told to make to our lifestyle and keep ourselves and loved ones safe.
Maybe you wake up feeling drained, exhausted from lack of sleep?
And wonder how will you make it through the day without snapping at your partner and yelling at your children.
Or, maybe your job is on the line and you lay awake worried about the cost of everything and how long your money will last.
If so, you are not alone. Most people feel the same.
In this article, I would like to share with you one of my favourite ways to reduce stress – meditation and the power of meditation quotes to create a sense of peace and calm inside.
What Are Meditation Quotes?
” meditation quotes or yoga quotes about peace are short sayings, often just a sentence or two, that communicates solid advice and causes you to ponder, pause and review your situation.”
To reduce stress, reading powerful meditation quotes has been a cornerstone of my journey to peace.
Many a day, when I was grieving the loss of my brother and cousin, I would struggle to get up and out of bed as my mind kept replaying images of my brother’s funeral.
Yet with three young daughters to get ready for nursery, and fulfil my obligations at work, I had to get up and ready for the day.
My cousin brought me a copy of “Acts of Faith – Daily Meditation for People of Colour ” by Iyanla Vanzant and encouraged me to read the daily passages when I woke up.
The Power of Meditation Quotes
I would feel uplifted, ready to start my day feeling stronger.
Since then, reading affirmations and meditating forms the core of my self-care and morning routine.
So, if you are feeling fearful, anxious and uncertain, I hope you find solace, peace and strength from one of the 25 powerful meditation quotes to reduce stress.
How To Use The 25 Meditation Quotes For Inner Peace
1. Read through the list, pick one or two quotes which speak to you.
2. For the next 21 days, when you wake up, sit up tall, take a gentle breath in and out through your nose and read aloud your chosen quotes.
3. Sit still for a few more moments and allow the depth and beauty of the quotes to open your mind and fill your heart.
I include website links where you can find out more about the life and teachings of the authors of these quotes.
1. “Peace cannot be kept by force it can be achieved by understanding.” –Albert Einstein, (14th March 1879 – 18th April 1955) Theoretical physicist.
2. “If every eight-year-old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” – Dali Lama (6th July 1935 -) Spiritual leader of the Tibetan people.
3. “The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path, I walk in peace. With each step, the wind blows. With each step, a flower blooms.” – Thich Nhat Hanh (October 11 1926 – ) Vietnamese Buddhist monk, spiritual leader, poet and peace activist.
4. “You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes a day. Unless you’re too busy; then you should sit one hour.” – Old Zen Saying
5. “The more regular and the more deeply you meditate, the sooner you will find yourself acting always from a centre of inner peace.” J. Donald Walters (May 19 1926 – ) Disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda, founder of Ananda.
6. “Meditation is silence, energising and fulfilling. Silent is the eloquent expression of the inexpressible. “– Sri Chinmoy (27 August 1931 – 11 October 2007), Indian spiritual leader who taught meditation.
7. “Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams, who looks insides, awakes.” – Carl Jung Carl Gustav (July 26, 1875, – June 6th 1961) Swiss psychiatrist and psychotherapist who founded analytical psychology.
8. “Meditation speaks. It speaks in silence.” – Sri Chinmoy (27 August 1931 – 11 October 2007), Indian spiritual leader who taught meditation.
9. “As long as your heart remains, an ever-mounting aspiration-flame. It makes no difference what your weaknesses are.” – Sri Chinmoy (27 August 1931 – 11 October 2007), Indian spiritual leader who taught meditation
10. “Without peace, all other dreams vanish and are reduced to ashes.” – Jawaharlal Nehru (November 14 1889 -May 27 1964). First prime Minister of India.
11. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”- Buddha (567 BC – 484 BC) Ascetic and sage.
12. “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa, (August 26, 1910 – September 5, 1997) Roman Catholic nun and missionary.
13. “Chasing after the world brings chaos. Allowing it all to come to me, brings peace.” – Zen Gatha
14. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat any time and be yourself.” – Hermann Hesse (July 2, 1877, August 9, 1962) Hermann Hesse, German-Swiss poet, novelist, and painter.
15. “Meditation is not a way of making the mind go quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there -buried under the 50,000 thoughts, the average person thinks every day.” – Deepak Chopra (October 22 1947 – ) Indian American author, public speaker.
16. “I am divinely guided at all times.” – Louise Hay (October 8th, 1926 -) American motivational author and founder of Hay House
17. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle (February 16, 1948) Author, Servant of God.
18. “I meditate so that I can sit and inundate my entire being with the omnipotent power of peace” – Sri Chinmoy (27 August 1931 – 11 October 2007), Indian spiritual leader who taught meditation.
19. “Meditation can reintroduce you to the part that’s been missing” Russell Simmons (born October 4, 1957 – American entrepreneur, author, philanthropist.
20. “Rule your mind or it will rule you” – Buddha (567 BC – 484 BC) Ascetic and sage.
21. “The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself, everything that you want, you already are.”- Rumi (September 30, 1207 – December 17, 1273) 13th-century Persian poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic.
22. “If you have time to breathe, you have time to meditate.” – Ajahn Chah (June 17, 1918 – January 16, 1992) Influential teacher of the Buddha and a founder of two major monasteries in the Thai Forest.
23. “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you; none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but you own soul.” – Swami Vivekananda (January 12, 1863 – July 4th 1902) Indian Hindu monk.
24. “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” – Pema Chodron (July 14 1936 -) American, Tibetan Buddhist. Ordained nun, acharya and disciple of Chögyam Trungpa.
25. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”- Jimi Hendrix James Marshall ” (November 27 1942 – September 18 1970) American rock guitarist, singer, and songwriter.
And one extra quote…
“In the breath’s silence, is peace.” – Ntathu Allen Author, meditation teacher.
Closing Thoughts and What Next?
Now you have read these quotes, I encourage you to:
- Read them again.
- Choose a couple which speaks to your heart, reduces your sense of fear and worry.
- Pick those, write them out if you wish,
- And for the next 21 days when you wake up, spend a few minutes in quiet and read the quotes.
- You will breathe easy and feel better.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on these powerful meditation quotes for peace. Leave a comment under this blog. Thank you.
P.S. And if you enjoy these quotes and wish to find out more about meditation to help you reduce stress and enhance your sense of inner peace, you’ll love my book, Meditation for Beginners, How to Meditate for People who Hate to Sit Still.
Here is the direct link to buy your copy. Namaste.
100 Days of Guided Meditations
Worried. Overwhelmed. Exhausted.
Ready to Finally Get A Handle on Stress?
Download the FREE 5-minute Slash Stress Slay Your Day video training and start to feel stronger, calmer, refreshed, and alert.