Blessings dear friends and welcome back. I’m always glad to sit down and share the space with you. I trust you are well and in a good space. Today’s post, isn’t the post I planned to write and submit, yet following my morning meditation I feel moved to share my Gratitude journal insights with you. If you are going through a financial challenge, struggling with debt or generally wish to attract more prosperity into your life, then I hope you will enjoy today’s post…
A few days ago, a friend mentioned she is receiving amazing results in her business since signing up for the 28 Day Business Alchemy Course run by Rachel Elnaugh. Encouraged by her story I decided to sign up and give it a go.
I started the Business Alchemy Course a few days ago and am already enjoying a heightened sense of peace and calm about my financial situation which I haven’t experienced for a long time. My fear of lack and not having enough money to meet my daily living expenses and fulfil my dreams is receding as I breathe, meditate and relax into the process. I wasn’t sure what to expect from the course so am pleasantly pleased that so far Rachel focuses on the power of our thoughts and offers practical techniques to help you cultivate a prosperous mindset.
I am also reading Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and continuing with my Lakshmi meditations. So, all in all everything is slowly coming together and I am feeling and sensing shifts in the spiritual and physical/material world, which is very encouraging.
Day 1’s homework task (of 28 Day Business Alchemy Course) was to make an A4 list of all the things you are grateful for. I must admit writing my Gratitude List is a spiritual practice I haven’t done for a while, so it felt good to sit down, meditate and reconnect with what am I Grateful For Today. We only had to do an A4 list of gratitude’s, but once I got going I felt moved to continue and decided to go for 101 things.
Extract From My Personal Journal re List Of Things I’m Grateful For
1. My health
2. My daughters
3. Mum’s health
4. Dad’s zest for living
5. Giving mum a foot massage last night
6. Girls (my twin daughters Maleka and Jameela) going shopping and coming back happy and safe
7. Girls going out with their friends, having fun and coming back safely
8. Hasina’s (eldest daughter) phone call this morning-“help mum, I don’t have any money!” (money was transferred into wrong account)
9. Late night SOS call with a friend in distress
10. Webinar with Kavit Haria about how you can use social media to promote your business
11. Follow up emails with MoneyMakingMagic Group re this course
12. Email from my friend Sonia, offering to post my blog in her organisation’s forum
13. Burst of inspiration how I can promote my kindle books based on Kavit’s webinar
14. Discussion with a yoga student, about the different ways he can develop his morning home yoga practice
15. Teaching yoga last night
16. Drinking my Green Organics GO Smooth Vitality drink and feeling so alive and energised
17. Getting rid of a pile of clutter and papers in my top dressing table drawer
18. Sending of proposal to run my Learn to Meditate Course
19. Getting clarity and inspiration about ways to grow business
20. Receiving an email enquiry from a potential new student who saw my flyers and is interested in starting yoga
21. Exchange of emails with a friend to arrange lunch next week
22. Going through my Twitter stream and realising I have met some real positive souls on-line
23. Receiving and watching Rachel Elnaugh daily video
24. Having energy to do ten minutes breathing exercises before going to bed
25. Early morning yoga practice
26. Looking in fridge and realising I wasn’t hungry and not making self something to eat
27. Jameela (younger twin daughter) holding my hand whilst I was resting on settee
28. Maleka’s (elder twin) joy in getting the ensuite accommodation she really wanted at university
29. Opening my post and saying “thank you” for bill reminders
30. Chatting with an old friend and agreeing to be her student for her final exams
31. Hearing my spirit guide whispering “Thank you for your trust in me” as I struggled to stay true to self and said no to my friend’s extraordinary offer
32. Turning down a potential lucrative contract which would “instantly solve” my financial situation
33. My vision board
34. My meditation blanket for keeping me warm when I meditate
35. Inspiration for today’s blog
36. Inspiration for series of blogs relating to upcoming meditation audio programme I am working on.
37. Flicking through my journal and marvelling at insights received over past few months
38. My waking dream and thoughts on focusing on natural beauty skin care tips
39. The Silence
40. Quiet glow that I am not alone
41. Hearing from a friend that he believes in me and covering my back
42. My Angel Cards
43. Smiling at my vision board
44. Pile of clothes in ironing basket and realising that it’s OK, the ironing will get done
45. Sense of calm and order in home
46. My dear neighbour, Mrs F…for her love and concern over last few years
47. Seeing Tony’s Order of Service leaflet and not crying about Tony’s death
48. All the touching comments on my Maleka and Jameela’s first YouTube video
49. My dad and all the work and effort he is putting in to help keep this house in the family
50. Chatting with girls about cultural basis in health and psychological research findings and implications for black people
51. Looking at my garden and seeing how wild and lush it looks
52. Ability to think, count and analyse and trust instincts
53. Early morning cup of hot water and lemon
54. My faith
55. Mum’s face when she came back from shopping and told me she saw an old family friend
56. My spirit guides
57. Making a temporary shower curtain whilst shower door being repaired
58. Coming up with title for this blog
59. Waking up feeling inspired, alive and connected
60. Sense of ease in my body
61. Serene mind as I do this list
62. Household technology and appliances which make housework much easier
63. Sound of child running and his mother calling out his name and saying “be careful, look where you are going”
64. Same child being told off for running off
65. Sense of awe in majesty of life
66. Reminder to contact friend and see how she is settling into new job
67. Bloated belly which tells me I am off balance
68. Desire to energise and alkalise my body and go on a ten day Ayruveda detox retreat in India or Thailand
69. My smile
70. Ideas to promote range of GO natural beauty skin care range
71. My breath
72. Idea of value of running 10 day campaigns based on Kavit Haria webinar really making sense
73. Working with and trusting my inner rhythms
74. Sitting in living room with girls as I type out this list
75. Buying new Welcome door mat for front door
76. Popping into local plant store and buying miniature plant for Maleka
77. Sending and receiving texts from Hasina
78. Airing my bedding
79. Sweeping bedroom floor and lighting new candle
80. Preparing dinner and listening to Bob Marley CD
81. Listening to girls chat and decide whether to go to party tonight
82. My home
83. My family
84. Text from cousin who I haven’t heard from for a while to say hi
85. Listening to Eva Cassidy cd as I write out this list
86. Maleka and Jameela sitting round dining table chatting with mum
87. Being able to take it easy today
88. Making hair appointment for next week
89. Mum agreeing to lend me money to pay towards an unexpected bill
90. Buying new candle whilst out shopping
91. Sitting quietly and reflecting on how thankful I am to here
92. Jameela commenting that my Mum giggles like a teenager when she chats to granddad.
93. Listening to mum and aunty Claudia chatting about life back home and catching up with each other’s lives
94. Checking bank and paying couple bills
95. Sense of being on the verge of massive breakthrough in income
96. Quiet thankfulness for all the sadness and unhappiness of last few years
97. Ability to breathe and know how to breathe to control anxiety
98. The joy in writing
99. Realising that all I want to do is meditate and write and let others take care of other parts of business
100. Following heart and sending email to a friend even though I wasn’t sure how email would be received.
101. Completing this assignment and feeling satisfied, full and contented.
That was a happy making exercise. And as I re read this list, I feel glad, centred and forgiving of self. Great space to be in, don’t you agree?
And now I invite you to take a deep breath, grab pen and paper or open new word document, look around you and write your list of 101 things you are grateful for.
It may take you 20 minutes or 20 days…just take your time and see what you come up with.
And once you have done that, I’d love to know how you feel at the end of reaching your list. Share your thoughts in the comment box and remember if you think your friends and family would enjoy doing this spiritual practice, share your list with them and/or forward this post.
Take special care and have a beautiful happy day.
image with thanks from flickrr
100 Days of Guided Meditations
Worried. Overwhelmed. Exhausted.
Ready to Finally Get A Handle on Stress?
Download the FREE 5-minute Slash Stress Slay Your Day video training and start to feel stronger, calmer, refreshed, and alert.