Everyone knows that too much stress isn’t good for you!
In today’s blog, we’ll look at five simple ways to relieve stress quickly!
According to The survey – commissioned by the Mental Health Foundation, 74% of UK adults have felt so stressed at some point over the last year they felt overwhelmed or unable to cope.
And, I am sure, like me, you know someone who is overwhelmed and struggling to cope.
Too much stress in your life causes havoc with your immune system, leading to feelings of overwhelm, brain-fog, confusion and fatigue.
With the constant demands on your time and energy from friends, work colleagues, and loved ones, much as you desire to live a simple happy life, there is little time for you to unwind, rest and relax.
In fact, if your life is like most of my yoga students, you wish there were more hours in the day, so you could fit everything in!
If you are tired of being tired, running on empty and exhausted, it is vital you find a way to manage the high levels of stress in your daily life.
Too much stress in your life can lead to critical health conditions as your body is over-stressed and struggles to regain balance and harmony.
By playing the above video, you consent to YouTube collecting data about you.
The key to effective stress relief is to learn to master your response to stressful situations.
To help you find a way to reduce stress and overwhelm, in your day, here are five more simple solutions, to add to your Stress Relief toolkit which you can do right now to slash stress and regain a sense of calm in your day.
Five Simple Solutions To Help You Relieve Stress Quickly
1. Trust Yourself
- You are a strong person, learning to trust your instincts and intuition is vital in helping you maintain healthy boundaries.
- Learn to stand up for yourself, protect your time and energy and to say “NO” to requests which you know, from experience, leaves you feeling stretched, stressed and uncomfortable.
2. Always Look For The “Silver Lining” In Situations
- When life happens, it is easy to get caught up in a spiral of negativity, which reduces your ability to feel strong and empowered to effect change.
- Learn to look for the blessing, to be kind and gentle with yourself in stressful situations keeps you feeling optimistic and forward thinking.
3. Eat Well
- The foods you eat and the way you eat have a major impact on the mood.
- No matter how busy you are, strive to eat foods which keep your blood sugar levels balanced.
- If you are constantly on the go, snack on high-energy foods such as Brazil nuts, oatcakes spread with almond nut butter or a fresh takeaway smoothie drink from your local supermarket.
4. Give Yourself Permission For Plans To Go Pear-Shaped
- As ambitious women, you want everything done perfectly and to a high standard, which is great.
- However, if things don’t work out the way you planned or you “make a mistake” that’s OK, don’t beat yourself up.
- You did your best, and that is good enough.
5. Have A Daily Spiritual Practice
- When you wake up, spend the first two minutes of your day, lying in your bed and mentally give thanks for all the good and beautiful things in your life.
- You can say morning affirmations or develop a gratitude practice.
- Even if you are going through personal challenges, still give thanks and ask for guidance, strength and support to get you through your day.
Life is stressful, yet you don’t have to get caught up in the madness of it all.
It takes time, energy and focuses on rising above situations and keeping your stress levels low.
The more you practice the above 5 simple solutions to relieve stress quickly –
- Trust yourself
- Be positive and look for the silver lining
- Eat well
- Give yourself permission for plans to go pear-shaped
- Have a daily spiritual practice,
the easier it becomes for you to feel strong, calm and confident, empowered to live the simple, happy life you desire.
Q: What stress relief solution appealed most to you?
I invite you to schedule time in your diary, and make the promise to yourself you’ll do it every day for the next five days.
Till next time, have a happy-stress reliving day
PS!!! And, if you know anyone who is stressed and in desperate need of some peace and quiet, click here to share the original copy of today’s post. Much love and thanks.
Worried. Overwhelmed. Exhausted.
Ready to Finally Get A Handle on Stress?
Download the FREE 5-minute Slash Stress Slay Your Day video training and start to feel stronger, calmer, refreshed, and alert.