When friends or loved ones ask you “how are you feeling?” do you mumble and grumble about how hard life is, how stressed you are and gaze whimsically into the future dreaming of your next holiday?
Wouldn’t it be lovely, if you could capture that “Holiday Feeling” anytime you like. Just imagine being in the middle of rush-hour traffic on a Monday morning or doing-late night shopping on a Friday evening and in two minutes you were somehow magically transported to your favourite holiday destination. Just like that. No bags to pack, no airport and check-in hassles, no last minute panicking and searching for your passport and looking for someone to look after your cats. Wouldn’t you like that? To feel healthy, happy and relaxed?
Well, believe it or not, you can. It is possible to re-capture the calm and tranquillity you seek. How? How is that possible? I hear you ask. Especially, when you are knee-deep in debt, have the gas bill to pay and your children need new school shoes. How can you possible feel chilled-out, happy and relaxed?
2 Minutes to Health and Happiness –Watching Your Breath Breathing Exercise
The ancient art of yoga provides you with a variety of tried and trusted tool to help you relax and instantly experience that “Holiday Feeling.”
Yoga breathing exercises, known as pranayama provide you with a gateway into a calm and peaceful frame of mind. When you are in this space, you are calm, balanced, your energy flows and you feel relaxed and happy – just like on holiday.
To be healthy, happy and calm is your birthright, yet in the fast paced life you live, the pursuit of happiness can feel a distant dream. When you practice yoga and yoga exercises, you tap into your inner reserves. That deep place inside you, where happiness, vibrant health and joy reside. No matter what you are going through, whether you are going through a painful divorce, miscarriage or loss of a dear friend, you can feel happy and well, even if your heart is broken in two.
Watching Your Breath Breathing Exercise
This simple yoga breathing exercise leaves your mind feeling calm, clear and chilled – ideal to do if you are stressed and your next weekend away feels far away.
- Sit on a chair in a comfortable upright position. Make sure your back is straight, relax your jaw, soften your eyes, relax your shoulders and rest your hands on your lap. If you feel comfortable sitting on the floor, then sit in an easy cross-legged position.
- Breathe naturally and watch your breath. Be aware of your in-breath and be aware of your out-breath. Just focus on your breath. If your mind wanders and you become aware of other thoughts, acknowledge the thoughts, the energy of the thought and just return your awareness to your breath.
- Keep watching and listening to your breath, noticing that as it becomes calmer and slower, your mind, also feels calmer and slower.
- Try and sit still for at least two minutes, with your mind focused on your breath.
- Slowly bring your awareness back to the room. Gently open your eyes and notice how much calmer, happier and relaxed you feel.
Repeat this simple yoga breathing exercise regularly throughout your day. You will instantly re-capture that “Holiday Feeling” and be chilled-out, happy and relaxed.
100 Days of Guided Meditations
Worried. Overwhelmed. Exhausted.
Ready to Finally Get A Handle on Stress?
Download the FREE 5-minute Slash Stress Slay Your Day video training and start to feel stronger, calmer, refreshed, and alert.