As a busy mum, you spend a lot of your time caring for your family. If you are also a working mother you have the extra responsibility of juggling the responsibilities and commitments of your job as well as looking after yourself.
In the midst of all this caring and sharing, it is very easy to lose sight of your most important job – Caring For You. When was the last time, you had a get-together with your girl-friends or treated yourself to a massage or new hair-do?
Everywhere you look you see magazines headlines promoting the importance of “Taking Time-Out.” Yet at the same time, they bombard you with 101 things you could also be doing for your family. E.g. prepare a tasty after -school snack, to have ready for your child when they come home from school, sign up as a Parent Governor at your child’s primary school or even tips on how to set-up our own on-line business.
Trying to fit in all these varied tasks and activities takes it toll. Your energy flags, you feel tired, worn-out and exhausted.
Prevention is better than cure. In an ideal world, you will be able to eliminate the causes of your stress, and live a completely stress-free lifestyle. However, given the continued bombardment of news and hurried pace of life today, it is essential you learn simple stress – relief techniques you can safely do anywhere-anytime.
Five Quick Yoga Stress-Relief Techniques
Anytime you feel stressed, tired or overwhelmed, practice these 5 easy yoga breathing exercises or yoga stretches to instantly boost your energy, calm your nerves and refocus your energy.
- Hum. Humming in high or low pitch is an excellent way to achieve inner clam and clarity. Find a quiet place, sit comfortably. Breathe in and out, through your nose and straighten your back. If you wish, close your eyes. Place your little fingers in your ears. Take a steady deep breath in through your nose. As you breathe out gently “hum.” You can hum in either a high pitch or low pitch. Breathe in and repeat this humming pattern for 3 – 5 more rounds. Release your fingers and just sit quietly for a few moments.
- Massage your ears. Sitting comfortably, straight spine, feet flat on the floor, gently “walk” your fingers around your ear lobes, gently pulling out the ears as you massage your ears. Repeat 3 -5 time sin each direction.
- Roll your shoulders forward and backwards in circles as if touching your ears. Repeat 3 – 5 times in both directions.
- Massage your shoulders. Squeeze the upper back and shoulders between your thumb and forefingers. Massage slowly and rhythmically.
- Sitting down on a chair, feet flat on the floor, straight back. Raise both arms above your head. Place your left hand on your right wrist. Gently stretch to the right. Keep your body strong and straight. Breathe into the stretch. Switch sides and repeat. Gracefully sweep your arms back to your body. Repeat 3 – 5 times on each side.
To help you manage your stress and give your best to your family and others, it is vital you make time to care and nourish yourself. Make it a habit to regularly do these easy yoga exercises and breathing techniques and feel the difference it makes to your life.
Worried. Overwhelmed. Exhausted.
Ready to Finally Get A Handle on Stress?
Download the FREE 5-minute Slash Stress Slay Your Day video training and start to feel stronger, calmer, refreshed, and alert.